One of the effects of writing a book is that I don't have the time to devote to other writing. So while I've been wanting to write about Anonymous vs. HBGary, I don't think I will have time. Here's an excellent series of posts on the topic from ArsTechnica.
In cyberspace, the balance of power is on the side of the attacker. Attacking a network is *much* easier than defending a network. That may change eventually -- there might someday be the cyberspace equivalent of trench warfare, where the defender has the natural advantage -- but not anytime soon.
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2011/02/anonymous-to-security-firm-working-with-fbi-youve-angered-the-hive.ars
This is a really good piece by Paul Roberts on Anonymous vs. HBGary: not the tactics or the politics, but what HBGary demonstrates about the IT security industry.
http://threatpost.com/en_us/blogs/rsa-2011-winning-war-losing-our-soul-022211
Stephen Colbert on HBGary:
http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/375428/february-24-2011/corporate-hacker-tries-to-take-down-wikileaks
Another article:
http://www.h-online.com/security/features/Anonymous-makes-a-laughing-stock-of-HBGary-1198176.html
Anonymous vs. HBGary
Originative | Monday, March 21, 2011 | Labels: Anonymous, Bruce Schneier, hacking
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment